Usonian Faculty House & Bungalow Gift Shop – Quantum Engineering Co., PC was commissioned to design the MEP systems for the construction of this ~ 1,700 sf house for use as a Camus Visitor’s Center. The project also included the renovations of an adjacent Bungalow for use as a Gift Shop plus the construction of a water feature on the site.
At the time of its 1939 design the Usonian House did not accommodate modern conveniences such as air-conditioning, telecommunications, and central fire alarm systems. Quantum Engineering Co. worked closely with the architect to integrate the systems to maximize the authenticity of the original design while providing the required functionality for the Campus.
Location: Lakeland, FL